Skip to content

It’s All Part Of The Experience

August 30, 2011

BOWLICIOUS

There’s a small but pertinent issue that I’d like to address today.

We’ve had a few people ask about purchasing FASHION+ART prints without our specially selected frame and mat board. And I do understand. Honestly. There’s no one who appreciates preference and personal choice more than me. Don’t I speak on these very things in almost every post? But I’ve been very hesitant to sell the prints unframed. Please let me explain—

Through the years I have gifted and sold many pieces of art. And while there’s no question that the receiver is absolutely thrilled with their gift or purchase, many just never, ever get around to framing it. So there it sits, year after year, either rolled up in a tube for all eternity or leaning unprotected in a corner of an attic or basement. You know what happens next, don’t you? Water, critters, or both go after it, eventually taking their toll. And the art, once so valued, soon becomes nothing more than sheer, unsalvageable garbage. The proud owner? They’re kicking themselves. They’re heartbroken. They’re devastated that they’ve allowed something so precious to come to such a careless and wasteful end.

Trust me. It’s for your convenience (and my peace of mind) that the matting and framing of each print is part of the full FASHION+ART experience. We’re happy to do this for you, kicking the threat of artistic catastrophe to the curb altogether! Wouldn’t you rather open the delivery box, remove the wrapping, and feast your eyes upon your brand new print that’s been framed, matted and completely done, down to the picture wire in back? It’s good to go. Right now! All that’s left for you to do is choosing the perfect spot to display it. Now how does it get any better than that?

I knew you’d understand. We’ll see you in The Gallery—

Advertisements
14 Comments leave one →
  1. August 30, 2011 3:24 pm

*applauds* You said it perfectly!! I can’t imagine your art without the frame as it just complements each other so well.

I’ve been luckily enough that all the clients framed the art they got from me. However I do want to add the option for framing in the near future as it’s like you said…part of the experience. I already make sure that getting something from me is a true TJ experience as I add something extra as well, without the client knowing I did haha.

But I still need to find a good company who does this for a good price and I need to check shipping costs as it all adds to the total costs of doing things.

That lady is soooo gorgeous! That’s it! I REALLY have to get something by you now *runs to the gallery*

• August 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks TJ. Of course, I have no choice but to send the art unframed overseas. It would cost a veritable fortune otherwise. But in the US, I haven’t send anything out unframed. Most of my customers accept that and even appreciate it but I HAVE had some ask and then not purchase. And that saddens me but, I’m doing it for their own good.

• August 30, 2011 3:39 pm

I got the Pure Fashion notecards 😀 Soooo excited. I know that one day that I will have a bigger print by you, but for now I will settle with the notecards *twirls around*

• August 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh and yes. Shipping costs is what makes it so expensive for things overseas.

It’s a sad thing that they back out of the deal because of that. They are missing out on something really cool.

2. August 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Thank you for your order TJ! You’ve made a fine selection 🙂 and I can’t wait to send them out to you—

3. August 30, 2011 3:54 pm

You’re most welcome! I will frame them all and…stare at them hehe ^_^.

• August 30, 2011 4:00 pm

You sneaky girl! (you won’t be the first and I don’t mind it atall!)

• August 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Haha! I don’t think I can give this first set away. I just love your art, Edwina!! However, I’m sure that I will be getting more in the future to give to friends.

4. August 30, 2011 4:24 pm

We’re here whenever you’re ready!

5. September 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I purchased a painting from a friend years ago and it sat in a file (it was small) for YEARS before I finally came across it and said “this must be framed NOW”. So, now it’s framed and hanging on the wall, but the one I purchased framed went on the wall right away. I agree. Purchase a piece of art framed, or have it framed immediately afterwards.

Edwina thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Heather

6. September 11, 2011 12:35 am

Thank you Heather for being a witness.

7. April 1, 2012 8:44 pm

Love BOWLICIOUS !

8. October 2, 2013 12:50 pm

Haha great post, all good art needs to be put defiantly on display for all to see!